Doing STEM, Not Learning STEM
The new STEM Center and physics labs will ignite K-12 students' love of learning and serve as the academic anchor of the South Campus. Open, multidisciplinary classrooms and maker labs will spark a cross-pollination of ideas and applied learning through hands-on activities like woodworking, robotics, digital fabrication, textiles, and new media.
- 3 dedicated floors of innovative, state-of the art STEM academic space
- 5 new science classrooms/labs for engineering, physics, or math
- 2 design/maker spaces for hands-on, experiential science and robotics zone
- 1 fab lab/scene shops for large-scale experiments and building projects
- A design gallery and huddle rooms for faculty-student collaboration, project prototyping and small group work space
- 3 lab support rooms for equipment storage and faculty workspace